Financing your studies does not need to be a hurdle. Australian Careers Business College supports you in paying tuition fees through several initiatives, including VET Student Loans, Interest Free Loans and flexible payment options.
VET Student Loans is a financial assistance scheme offered by the Australian Government. Eligible students can secure an interest-free loan to pay all or part of their tuition fees for approved courses.
With VET Student Loans, you do not have to repay your loan until your income reaches the minimum threshold set for compulsory repayment. The 2022-23 threshold is $48,361 (https://www.studyassist.gov.au/paying-back-your-loan) with a one per cent repayment rate. You can choose to make voluntary repayments at any time. A VET Student Loans administration fee of 20% applies to loans provided through the scheme. VET Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements and that a VET Student Loan gives rise to a VETSL debt that continues to be a debt due to the Commonwealth until it is repaid. Applicants under 18 years of age will require written parental consent
Eligible students must be:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand Special Category Visa (SCV) holder who meets the long-term residency requirements.
- A permanent humanitarian visa holder.
Everyone has different financial circumstances. This is why ACBC offers a range of easy flexible payment schedules. Options include a scheduled or monthly payment plan. Please note that there are specific special conditions regarding each individual payment plan. Do you think you need flexible payment options to help fund your studies? Please arrange to meet with one of our Campus Managers to discuss your specific circumstances.
Several means-tested payment options are open to eligible students to provide financial assistance whilst you study. Government funding support is available to students undertaking approved study or an Australian apprenticeship.
Such support opportunities include:
Provides financial help if you are aged 25 or over and studying an approved full-time course at our approved colleges.
Abstudy is a living allowance for Indigenous secondary or tertiary students, for which local ACBC students may be eligible.
You may be eligible for Youth Allowance if you are 16 to 24 years of age (or 15 years if considered independent) and studying full-time at our approved colleges.
At ACBC we are proud of the funding assistance we provide our students. We encourage you to learn more about what support is available to you.
ACBC courses approved for VET Student Loans:
- BSB50120 Diploma of Business
- BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
- CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling
- CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- BSB50720 Diploma of Paralegal Services
- SIT50116 Diploma of Travel & Tourism Management
- BSB50620 Diploma of Marketing and Communication
- 10904NAT Diploma of Social Media Marketing
To be eligible you must be an Australian citizen, a New Zealand Special Category Visa (SCV) holder who meets long term residency requirements or a permanent humanitarian visa holder.
- Download the VET Student Loans Information Booklet or contact us on 1300 COLLEGE with any questions you may have.
- ACBC Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2023
- Schedule of VET Tuition Fees 2024
Download Our Policies